MMDA was established in April 2013. It was established as a non-profit association to organize for the paticipation of the people of the whole country in the prevention, health education, and service delivery for the care of diabetes patients so as to lessen the health and socioeconomic burden caused by the rising epidemic of diabetes.
A country with minimum burden of health due to diabetes.
Prevention of diabetes and its complications in the country through the delivery of comprehensive diabetes care in the community.
- To raise the awareness on diabetes and its prevention in the community
- To promote the delivery of comprehensive diabtests care in the country
- To build the capacity of health professionals
- To promote research activities to identify the problems related to diabetes in the community
Magintude of the Problems of NCEDs (2014)
- Diabetes:10.5%(2.5 million population)
- Prediabetes: 19.7%(5 million population)
- Hypertension:26.4%(6.3 million population)
- Obesity:5.5%(1.3 million population)
Findings Prevalence of Diabetes & Risk Factor
National Survery 10.5 out of hundred people age 25 to 65 in Myanmar have suffered from diabetes according to the “ National Survey on Prevalence of Diabetes & Risk Factor for Non-communicable Diseases”.